Saturday, May 19, 2007

Liv's Lilies.


It was an honour to design invitations for a good friend's wedding. I knew that I wanted to do this for her when she first told me of the engagement; it's the least I could do for someone who was very special to me at one point in time.

I've received mine today in the mail! It was nice getting the invitation in a normal way, especially considering I printed them myself. Hah! (Well, she and her entourage put them together...bless their hearts).



Her colors are sage, ivory, and celeste. We mixed and matched these colors on the actual prints to make a variety of combinations.



I couldn't resist using MrsEaves for the text. I told myself this would be the last time... on a wedding invitation.



My initial plan was to create an OM monogram that I could carve on wood. Later on, the monogram idea somehow evolved into a stylized version of the Lilies of the Valley. (Maybe you can still see the "OM" in the symbol...if you try hard enough? Haha.)



Later on I've tried to carve the lilies on pine, but I found it hard to keep the tiny details in. Second choice was to screenprint a distressed-looking symbol...but it would have been too tedious considering we are to assemble these ourselves. In the end we just decided to print the pieces electronically--which was fine because they are expecting 600 guests!



From this project I've decided that the rounded-corner-puncher is the best thing next to paper. =P


I'm not sure you can see it here, but the green cardstock has a matte sheen on it. The ornate pattern I've composed from the lilies looked screenprinted on the paper.


...the invitation is finished off with an obi of unryu and raffia.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger the cat is back said...

awesome Shei, those are really nice! Very Professional Looking!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Shei said...

Thanks, Catt...I've been getting good feedback from her guests too...invitations are fun!

4:10 PM  
Blogger yoshi said...

nice looking invitations! 600 guest... geez! You didn't print them out from your inkjet did you?

Invitations are def. fun! But I've learned my lessons not to volunteer to print and hand assemble them for others...

Next time, you should try to push people to use letter press!

8:26 AM  
Blogger cpierson said...

Hi Shei,
Beautiful work! Hope this gets to you. Also for fun... your tagged.

1-post these rules
2-each person tagged must post 8 random(... hopefully interesting) facts about themselves
3-tags should write a blogpost of these facts
4-at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named
5-go to their blog and leave a comment telling them they're tagged

Have fun :o)
Thanks,
Connie

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home